Addresses 40 of the most common and thorny questions about church life
Does church membership mean more than simply joining a social group? Does the church have a responsibility to discipline its members—and if so, what does that look like? Recognising that there are many difficult and puzzling questions about the critical role of the church in the life of believers, Jeremy Kimble addresses 40 key points.
Each section considers questions of theology, ministry, and practicality, such as:
- Is there a New Testament precedent for membership?
- How does membership relate to baptism and communion?
- Who should become a member?
- How is discipline related to discipleship?
- Should a believer associate with someone under church discipline?