On average, three children in every class at school are affectedby a mental health issue
Did you know ...
• It is estimated that half of all mental health problems manifest beforethe age of 14 years old
• Child and adolescent mental health services are turning away approximately 25% of children referred to them for treatment
• Only 0.7% of the NHS budget is spent on children’s mental health
• 2 in 5 young carers have a mental health problem
• 1 in 12 young people self-harm
Youth leaders recognise that issues around emotional health are growing and research shows that young people want to talk about it!
In her debut book, Exploring Emotional Health, author Liz Edge provides key information and six ready-to-go workshops covering: self-esteem; anxiety; depression; self-harm; and identity and coping with emotions, to enable even the busiest of youth leaders to provide effective support in building resilient young people.