In this landmark work, Richard Foster examines the 'streams of living water' - the six dimensions of faith and practice - that have defined Christian tradition around the world and down the centuries. In this inspiring book he looks at:
- the Contemplative tradition - or the prayer-filled life
- the Holiness tradition - or the virtuous life
- the Charismatic tradition - or the Spirit-empowered life
- the Social Justice tradition - or the compassionate life
- the Evangelical tradition - or the word-centred life
- the Incarnational tradition - or the sacramental life
Foster's celebration of the spiritual life incorporates history's most significant Christian figures and movements and argues for a rich, well-rounded faith, free of constricting labels.